The Overlords Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the dreaded news..........

4 posters

Go down

the dreaded news.......... Empty the dreaded news..........

Post by spyke2009 Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 am

so i'll begin by saying

aside from this majorly aesthetic feel of this game "aqw" i did see past that and enjoy the game and have been delighted to become a member and pump some hard earned cash into the game via getting ac's and membership

i started on friday the 13th XD (funny) and battled on through all the bug's spending HOURS showing newbies (i was only even new myself at the time) the work around for the drop glitches on the book of lore and was probably the only one who finished that quest at that time until i started showing ppl the work around

i raved to all my friends about the game and made a lot of new ones in the game

i was a happy little bunny Smile

then came harvest aka thanksgiving

it's just a thursday to us in ireland but hey it's awesome to celebrate a little celibrated season with american friends Very Happy

started to get a bit bored of the game after hitting 20 but kept myself busy farmin gold getting ac's
(i've spent over a hundred dollars worth in around 3 weeks lol)

then the war was release finally

this started to bug me and has for the past few day's with how it's done and how slow it is but persevered to 30% and got all the drops from frost wyrm....

then started to see how it was the only monster then farmed and the war meter going incredibly slowly

i started to get annoyed.......

now to the point

the last december design notes suddenly dropped the bombshell

clawsuit will NOT be returning

instantly i went into rage mode

how could i and the new members of the game be forced to miss out on such a great class set simply due to not knowing the game existed

i started to vent my frustration on the official thread.....

i was met with the typical childish responses "sux to be you", "oh well i'm so happy it's rare now no one can copy me"
"haha i get to keep y rarezorz skills to myself now ha" etc etc etc

i was out of order in my anger and i invoked....nay i deliberately PROVOKED the actions of the mods

such injustice i couldn't idly stand by and watch after dedicating some of my life even to balance thread discussions on games and even starting a clan in said game completely dedicated to said balance and recruiting only the very best of balance debaters

this was unfair and an outrage

suddenly i felt just like every other member in the game

i vowed i would never help another newbie or spend another red cent on the game unless the issue was fixed and my goal is actual one of anarchy now until i see some better sort of effort to meet both sides in the middle

between the rare hunter selfish children and the new players who equally pay the server bills an the staff's wages there was obviously an option

what we are getting instead is the ARMOR of the clawsuit with none of it's skills but it will be "color customisable"

this instantly made me SICK in my stomach

again more aesthetic jank for your virtual barbie doll character

we all wanna look cool but this is the worst aspect of the clawsuit by far

i immediately thought...

"this is like joining a membership club of a video game store coming up to christmas and being promised that you will get first dibs on buyin say an xbox 360. then 2 weeks before christmas being told "i'm sorry but we cannot give you the xbox 360 anymore despite what we said due to an issue with our database in sales, we can however give you the BOX of the xbox 360 and you can have it in any color you like"

i posted this simple analogy on the forum but it got deleted again along with more warnings which they can follow up for all i care

the forum is not a place for public debate or opinion it is merely a regime of
"if you don't think the sun don't shine out of A.E's rear keep your opinion to yourself"

i aliken them to children of dubious mental capacity who when hearing something they don't like or are threatened by simply clamp their hands over their ears and shout "lalalalallala! i'm not listening!!!!!"

what i want to know is tho

what do YOU guy's think of this shocking turn of events?

spyke2009

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

the dreaded news.......... Empty Re: the dreaded news..........

Post by zeizig Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:06 am

U have a big, BIG point there, And I agree, it should be back, or atleast the skillset... I myself have it and I think that they should make something with similar skillset so that newer members could also use those amazing skills Razz And I get why people want it to be rare... They just want to show it off... But i think that the CLASS clawsuit definatelly SHOULD come back... Or as i said b4, a similar skillset Razz And I keep thinking how silly Color Customizable ClawSuit would look like O.O
zeizig
zeizig

Rep : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by blacktitan666 Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 am

i dont mean any disrespect but clawsuit was i little overrated in my opinion but you have a point if there releaseing that armor i wonder if they'll rerelease frostmourne
blacktitan666
blacktitan666

Back to top Go down

Post by spyke2009 Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 pm

haha me in full crusader mode Very Happy

i'll update with some more info i've gleaned and such

first up the reasons given where coding issues

i know of a few members who upgraded BECAUSE of the CS re-release (remember not all members are mem's all year round)

and then they were told on the 7th of december that it won't be returning

this was however known BEFORE thanksgiving!

how do i know this shocking fact??

simple:

turkey armor....

yes this was a class (albeit one with only an auto-attack) but nonetheless it was re-released as an armor only (imho better this way) and was tagged 09

a class that could not be re-released and instead became an armor.........sound familiar clanmates??? Wink

we thought initially that this was deliberate and a step up from the original

we were all fooled however.......

this was in fact due to the issue with the Database and coding and they could NOT release turkey armor again as a class Wink

over a week later (giving members time to upgrade over this coming of frostval) this information was withheld

now do you see the bigger picture? :O shocking isn't it Wink

my honest opinion as i'm sure you can tell is that to keep a skillset which as i know is just an amalgamation of warrior rogue and ninja is wrong

very wrong

but the underlying and quite sinister refusal to release the information in time to save some players money over christmas is just shocking to me

as for the point that the twitter announcements are not valid being unofficial

artix chose to make the statements as "artix" the paladin character and admin of AQW and not under his true name which would void any responsibility

instead they are moving on and focusing on the war if you'll notice by the rapid movement of the design notes and refusal to allow anyone "namely me" from expressing these facts i only hope that other players see this obvious and awful disrespectful and deliberate and of course sneaky witholding of information to squeeze money out of players for frostval

-spyke

spyke2009

Back to top Go down

Post by blacktitan666 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 am

your forgeting that there is no turkey class anymore i used to have it the changed it to a armor later on thats why i sold mine same with red moglin and banana suit and the potato sack they were all classes and where changed over i used to have banana suit rank 10 before they changed it
blacktitan666
blacktitan666

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathKnightZ Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 pm

You definitely have some strong views there Spyke, and I agree with how shifty AE have been with their game, I've played better games than AQ Worlds and I play them as I speak, the whole notion of Coffee break sized gaming fun that Adventure Quest brought about was thrown out of the window with quests that are taking longer and longer, and no longer being able to go on it here and there without anything physical connecting you to it, but no they bring out pay for this pay for that, I'm surprised they wont start making rent-able items like in Adventure Quest, the different versions of the Blade of Awe, if it's for Gold I wont mind but if they start doing it AC then I may need to wash my hands of AE, there's plenty of other games out there that do a far better job of gaming, I just hope AE don't get their sneaky ways too far into EpicDuel, because for now I'm enjoying that, but I said the same about the early stages of Dragonfable, and that to this day hasn't gone so far up it's own rear end that I can still play that from time to time without fear of get special currency for this, and become member for this, even though I am aware of there being a member bit and a special currency bit in the game, it's a one time payment I made back in the beginning of Dragonfable giving me Founder status in the game, since that time I've had hardly any problems playing it, MMO's in general are hard to run and cost a load more so I'm guessing that's the reason they are pushing money costing things, as for the release of Clawsuit Armour, I wasn't a member during the first Frostvale so I didn't get it but many people have rubbed it in my face that it's so good, like my other Frostvale seasonal rares I expected it to again come back the same as the Mogloween items, i'm not planning on buying membership anymore until AE can prove they're worth a subscription, they need to stop and think what sets them apart from WoW.
DeathKnightZ
DeathKnightZ
Admin
Admin

Rep : 11

http://TheOverlords.clangrid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum